Sunday, November 29, 2009

Football Weekends

What a gorgeous sunny, but cold day in good ole Rhody! I have a four hour shift at the store today so I'm gonna grab some food and head out to the job. The Patriots don't play until tomorrow night on Monday Night football. So that's one less thing that I have to think about today. I don't even want to think about that game, I'm just thinking positive thoughts and hoping for the best. I know its just a game, I have to tell myself that over and over because I take it way too personally.



Before heading out to the job on Saturday, I was able to catch the first half of the Florida Gators vs. the Florida Seminoles on CBS. It was the last home game for college football's super nova Tim Tebow. I watched as each of the seniors had their moment and was introduced. When they showed Tebow just before he was introduced I got all emotional (I AM that girl who cries at Hallmark commercials) when I saw his eyes brimming with tears.

I've never seen this kind of attention, accolades and scrutiny for any other college football player. He is admired and criticized for both his game and religious stand, and at every turn that young man has shown nothing but class.

No comments:

Post a Comment