Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another Talent Competition

So there's a new show premiering on NBC called The Sing Off, with its tag-line being: The ultimate A Cappella Competition. They also describe it as combining American Idol and Glee. Whateves. That just made me log onto Hulu and what Glee. And I love music but another wanna be American Idol is not at all appealing to me. I can barely handle the original. In another promo ad they show a bunch of folks singing on street corners and what not, and instruments being smashed and destroyed. My thoughts were that I hope that was CGI, because that is a complete waste! I mean couldn't they find another way to drive there point other than resorting to vandalism? I was just so wasteful and corny to me. Then they showed then homegirl from the Losen Up My Buttons Pussy Cat dolls was shown saying something along the lines of, "How cool is it to make music from just voices!" Um...really? Isn't that what its all about? Annoying

So I'd already written it off  as show that would not be adding to Must See T.V. list. Then during one of the ads I saw two familiar faces that has changed my mind. The first being Benjamin Scott "Ben Folds" the front man for the great Ben Folds Five! Evidently he will be one of the judges on this Sing Off show. So of course I'm there. Second person that I saw during the promos, but that did not cause so much glee was one Nick Lachey. He will be hosting the show, and I'm just happy that he has a job. I mean how much settlement money could he have from the divorce? I hope the show is a success so that he will  remain gainfully employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment