Thursday, December 10, 2009

Customer Service huh?

So after work today I went ran a couple of errands before hoping on the bus and heading home. One of my stops was at Verizon to pay my mobile bill. I usually pay at the in store automated pay station so I don't have to deal with lines and the like. I didn't want to use my debit card and attempted to pay with cash. Which I've done countless times, but the machine was unwilling to accept my cash. I ask one of the Verizon folks for assistance (who was quite nice) but he doesn't seem to know whats happening either. So I go to the counter and ask one of the ladies if I could pay. Without looking up she asks flatly with a slight hint of annoyance "The machine is not working?" I tell her no and she processed to do something at her monitor this point I turn and walk leave. She says after me "I can help you." Over my shoulder I tell her I'm fine and continue walking.

Listen I'm not expecting to be greeted with rose pedals and champagne when I enter a room but come on. Do your job. I work in retail too and I constantly have to cater to the needs of the public. And when I feel as though I have nothing left to give I fake it till I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment